Please wait while albums load...
- Fr 49 X 44cm, Unfr 18 X 13cm - PA914
- Fr 49 X 44cm, Unfr 18 X 13cm - PA915
- Fr 52 X 52cm, Unfr 18 X 14cm - PA913
- Fr 55 X 47cm, Unfr 28 X 20cm - PA1184
- Fr 71 X 67cm, Unfr 27 X 20cm - PA1434
- Fr 54 X 48cm, Unfr 22 X 16cm - PA1435
- Fr 72 X 64cm, Unfr 22 X 18cm - PA1432
- Fr 80 X 69cm,Unfr 46 X 34cm
- Fr 82 X 67cm, Unfr 45 X 30cm - PA602
- Fr 86 X 76cm, Unfr 45 X 34cm - PA1486
- Fr 128 X 102cm, Unfr 90 X 64cm - PA1476
- Not Framed, Unfr 54 X 45cm - PA1200
- Not Framed, Unfr 35 X 26cm - PA1210
- Not Framed, Unfr 35 X 25cm - PA1211
Sara-J was born in the UK, grew up in Cape Town, and currently lives near Amsterdam in the Netherlands. She studied Graphic Fine Art at the Cape Technikon, majoring in Graphic Fine Art after successfully completing the four year study programme. Sara-J was awarded the Hilary and Dorothy Champion Charitable Trust Bursary and the William Thorpe Bursary in 1986 and 1987 respectively. She also studied under the well-known South African painter Jan Vermeiren.
In 1987, Sara-J was one of three South African artists selected to exhibit in the People’s Republic of China. In the same year, she held her first solo exhibition at the Yellow Door in Cape Town. In his review, art critic Henry Simmonds commented that it was certainly a question of “Joint Toying with Heavy Themes”. In the past 15 year period, apart from maintaining a network of retail outlets, she held annual exhibitions either internationally, nationally, or locally including the UK, USA, China, Portugal, South Africa, Namibia, Germany, Switzerland, France, and the Netherlands. Her works found their way into businesses and homes throughout the world and she has sold work extensively in Australia and New Zealand.
Sara-J’s main media are etchings and large oils. She also applies mixed media techniques in a highly original manner.
Following several successful seasons, Sara-Jay featured on the 2002 Mystery Wine Label, Tickled Pink. Since then she has been floating between South Africa and the Netherlands, and is now predominantly based in Europe strengthening her international profile.
Sara-J creates a market for the general public to invest in original artwork.