Please wait while albums load...
- Fr 38 X 34cm, Unfr 9 X 5cm - PA825
- Fr 41 X 38cm, Unfr 13 X 10cm - PA824
- Fr 48 X 33cm, Unfr 19 X 4cm - PA823
- Fr 43 X 36cm, Unfr 20 X 10cm - PA1008
- Fr 48 X 34cm, Unfr 20 X 6cm - PA843, SOLD
- Fr 50 X 31cm, Unfr 33 X 15cm - PA1007
- Fr 59 X 49cm, Unfr 40 X 30cm - PA1013, SOLD
- Fr 58 X 48cm, Unfr 18 X 9cm - PA826
- Fr 62 X 50cm, Unfr 21 X 9cm - PA1402
Otto Klar (1908 – 1994) was born in Vienna, Austria, Professor resided in South Africa from 1939 and is known as a painter of landscapes, portraits, figure, and religious themes and still life. He is particularly for his flowers and between 1958 and the mid 1960’s he painted a number of abstracts.
The professor studied at the Vienna Academy of Arts in Austria and taught in Pretoria upon his arrival. A number of his works have been reproduced by E. Schweickerdt in Pretoria.
Otto Klar participated in a number of group exhibitions throughout Europe and South Africa. He also held several solo exhibitions in South Africa: 1952 Van Riebeeck Tercentenary exhibition, 1960 Quadrennial exhibition and 1966 Republic Festival Exhibition.
In 1962, Otto Klar was awarded honorary professorship from the President of Austria on the recommendation of the Vienna Academy of Arts and is presently represented at the An Bryant Gallery in East London, Durban Art Gallery, Pretoria Art Museum and The University of Witwatersrand.