Please wait while albums load...
- Fr 60 X 48cm, Unfr 33 X 21cm - PA987
- Fr 46 X 39cm, Unfr 19 X 13cm - PA988
- Fr 49 X 44cm, Unfr 26 X 22cm PA989
- Fr 62 X 55cm, Unfr 31 X 24cm - PA990, SOLD
- Fr 73 X 44cm, Unfr 27 X 19cm - PA1074
- Fr 85 X 70cm, Unfr 60 X 45cm - PA1303
- Fr 85 X 70cm, Unfr 60 X 45cm - PA872
- Fr 68 X 58cm, Unfr 50 X 40cm - PA1779
- Fr 48 X 39cm, Unfr 28 X 20cm - PA1714
- Fr 43 X 37cm, Unfr 24 X 17cm - PA1723
- Fr 38 X 34cm, Unfr 19 X 15cm - PA1762
- Fr 37 X 38cm, Unfr 18 X 19cm - PA1763
- Fr 28 X 24cm, Unfr 9 X 5cm - PA1769 - PA1769
Amos Langdown was born in Plettenberg Bay in 1930. His interest in art dates back to his childhood. He completed a BA degree at the University of Port Elizabeth. After a long teaching career, Amos has until recently, been working as a art advisor in the Southern and Eastern Cape. He has now retired.
He works in various media, but shows a preference for oil. His paintings show a deep understanding of and sympathy for the people and events in the world surrounding him.
The artist has participated in various international exhibitions, for example the Venice Biennale in Italy and the Sub-Saharan African Exhibition that toured the USA for a year. All the works in the latter exhibition were sold and can be seen at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington. His work also forms part of several overseas and local collections, and his many solo exhibitions included one held at the University of Port Elizabeth in 1988.